Emily (Emmy) Cunningham (VIPER '19)
Degrees and Majors at Penn?
- BA in Chemistry and BSE in Chemical Engineering
- Senior Associate Scientist at Bristol-Myers Squibb and Masters Candidate in Chemical Engineering at Columbia University.
Why did you join VAB?
- To help ensure that a VIPER community exists post-grad for social and professional purposes.
What part of the energy industry are you most excited about?
- I'm most excited about the hydrogen economy, particularly green hydrogen. It's a great example of something that seemed so out of reach just 10 years ago but is now being demonstrated in an early stage form to power homes and cars in Japan. The ability to safely and economically scale up hydrogen fuel cells will lead to a significantly decreased reliance on fossil fuels.
What is something that you're interested in?
- Hiking: I really love being in nature and exploring new places. I'm trying to finish all of the major peaks in the White Mountains and the Adirondacks in the next 5 years.
What's your favorite zoo animal?
- Hippo- but I've been chased by one on a safari and they are terrifying!