As dual-degree students at Penn, VIPER students select two majors - one from the School of Arts and Sciences (SAS), and one from the School of Engineering and Applied Science (SEAS), in order to complete their two degrees.
Currently approved majors for VIPER in SAS and in SEAS include the following. Students may request for additional STEM majors to be considered for approval and must demonstrate how the proposed course plan relates to energy science and aligns with VIPER's programmatic goals. Requests will be carefully evaluated by the VIPER leadership team.
Click the links below to learn more about each major:
In the School of Arts and Sciences (SAS):
- Physics & Astronomy
- Earth Science (Concentration in Environmental Science)
In the School of Engineering and Applied Science (SEAS)*:
- Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering (CBE)
- Materials Science & Engineering (MSE)
- Mechanical Engineering & Applied Mechanics (MEAM)
- Electrical Engineering (EE)
- Bioengineering (BE)
- Computer Engineering (CMPE)
- Systems Science and Engineering (SSE)
* Note: VIPER students pursue the Bachelor of Science in Engineering (BSE), not a Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) in the above Engineering programs of study.