VIPER Program Operations Assistants
The Vagelos Integrated Program in Energy Research (VIPER) is a coordinated dual-degree undergraduate program between the School of Arts and Sciences and School of Engineering and Applied Science. VIPER is designed to prepare students to advance sustainable energy science and technology through interdisciplinary approaches and immersive experiences in cutting-edge research, positioning them to become the next generation of energy leaders and innovators.
VIPER is seeking two undergraduate Program Operations Assistants to support the administrative needs of the program, including helping manage program operations, research energy opportunities of interest, develop social media and website content, analyze program data, and help with event coordination. Specific tasks include but are not limited to: increasing operational efficiencies, helping design content for VIPER’s social media platforms and website, conducting market research, identifying energy-related news and opportunities at Penn and beyond, designing newsletters, highlighting news related to VIPER students and alumni, advertising VIPER events across Penn’s campus, and helping set-up, clean-up and run program events. The program is flexible in working with students to adjust their work schedules in coordination with their academic responsibilities.
Desired skills include strong interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to work independently and take initiative, and attention to detail. Hired Program Operations Assistants may bring different strengths to the team. Preferable qualities include:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to build automated systems (ex. writing scripts or use of project management software such as Airtable)
- Ability to clearly summarize conclusions from surveys or analyzed datasets
- Experience using social media platforms such as Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
- Ability to design visual content using tools such as Canva, Adobe Illustrator, or Microsoft PowerPoint
- Previous experience with VIPER
Time commitment: 10-15 hours/week